In April 2022, Dunstall Hill Primary School were proud to become a Behaviour Hubs school working with the Department for Education.
The aim of the Behaviour Hubs programme is to take a whole school approach to embed sustainable and clear structures throughout the school supporting the behaviour culture. The programme is based on the principles and ideas outlined in Tom Bennett’s 2017 review of behaviour in schools: Creating a culture: how school leaders can optimise behaviour.
As a lead school Dunstall Hill Primary School is dedicated to fostering a behaviour culture that brings benefits to all. Through the Behaviour Hubs programme, we aim to work together with senior leadership teams to develop personalised support, training, and to offer advice, essential for improving behaviour culture and driving lasting cultural change within each unique school environment.
Our approach is centred on enabling and supporting schools to engage in reflection and adaptation, specifically focusing on their systems, procedures, and expectations. By doing so, we aim to enhance the behaviour culture of each school we collaborate with, tailoring our strategies to meet their specific needs and challenges.
Training and support when working with Dunstall Hill Primary School on the Behaviour Hubs Programme will include some or all of the following:
- Training on specific issues, common problems and effective approaches led by expert advisers, that can be implemented within the school;
- Open days at lead schools to observe good systems and approaches in action;
- Networking events to share experiences and good practice to learn from other schools;
- Online resources developed by the expert advisers which will equip and empower schools to implement changes in their settings;
- Support to develop and implement an action plan, that will set out how to quickly improve and embed a whole school approach to behaviour management, including how to monitor impact;
- One-to-one ongoing support, mentoring and coaching to support leaders in implementing lasting change.
As we continue to progress on our journey with the Behaviour Hubs Programme, we remain steadfast in our dedication to supporting schools on their journey in empowering them to create an environment where pupils can thrive. Our goal is to ensure that every school we work with benefits from a behaviour culture that fosters growth and success for all.
For more information about the Behaviour Hubs Programme and to apply to the programme visit: Home Page – Behaviour Hubs